Thursday, March 6, 2008

"If I only had one hour to live..."

Another moment from Wit of Mandamus IV. We got up on stage shortly after a video of Professor Nockleby in which he apologized for not being able to make the show this year and did something involving a rubber chicken. As it happened, he was in fact able to make the show after all, but determined to avoid this awkwardness, he showed up in disguise. This seemed important to point this out to the crowd. After that, I poke fun at his expense. The audio is a little hard to hear, so here's the transcript:
I just wanted to say, we're sorry that Professor Nockleby couldn't be here tonight... We heard there was a problem with his speech though, that it might've been canceled, and so he was able to send a surrogate, a first-year who's in the back seat back there... and I will say, regarding his... [pointing] look in the back! There's somebody who looks a lot like him... And I will say, I'll tell a story, I was in Professor Nockleby's class in my first year, you know they say, don't say "Please!" at the end of the exam... don't put stuff in that's personal to the professor, but I did write, "if I only had one hour to live, I would want it to be in your class..." And I would've been good if I hadn't written below that, "Because only you can make an hour feel like eternity."

No comments: